Welcome to letsbuilddestiny. A Powerful platform to share Powerful thoughts.
Today I have chosen a very interesting and must-read topic. I think we all definitely suffering from this. According to research and statics day by day the rates of internet addiction increases which is major thing to concern. Starting from kids to old age there are so many of us suffering from internet addiction.
We always tend to busy with our mobile phones and PCs. Let me say that we are almost living in virtual world. Our day starts from holding our phone in our hand and day ends with same phone in our bad. Some people confessed that if they don’t have their phone with them, they are not in state of doing good activities. They also confessed that if they don’t get internet for even period 5 minutes they are in state of mental imbalance. They cannot perform well in their office or school or in business meetings.
So, I thought to write this article. I request all of you to share this as much as you can and help someone to identify this big major problem.
I hereby request all readers of this article to spend at least one hour without any technology strongly without internet with your family members, with yourself. You can find genius within you. You can feel the love from your dear ones. You can find that your children or kids want you to spend some time with them. I am here not in oppose to the internet but just in making you all ware of its addiction or overuse. so here is the article.
Internet addiction disorder (IAD), or more broadly Internet overuse, the “problematic computer
Online activities which, if done in person, would normally be considered troublesome, such as compulsive gambling or shopping, are sometimes called net compulsions. Others, such as reading or playing computer games, are troubling only to the extent that these activities interfere with normal life.
Supporters of disorder classification often divide IAD into subtypes by activity, such as excessive viewing of pornography, overwhelming and excessive gaming, inappropriate involvement in online social networking sites or blogging and Internet shopping addiction.
The Amount of time kids spends online is a source of frustration for many parents. Initially, parents welcomed the Internet into their homes, believing they were opening up an exciting new world of educational opportunities for their children. However, many parents soon realized that, instead of using the Internet for homework or research, their kids were spending hours instant messaging with friends, playing online games or talking to strangers in chat rooms.
Maintaining a healthy balance between entertainment media and other activities in their children’s lives has always been a challenge for parents. The Internet has made this challenge even more difficult. The engaging nature of Internet communications and interactive games means many children and teens have trouble keeping track of time when they’re online.
Children who are unpopular or shy with peers are often attracted to the opportunities for creating new identities in online communities. Boys, in particular, are frequent users of online role-playing games, where they assume new identities and interact with other players. Although playing these games with thousands of other users may appear to be a social activity, for the introverted child or teen, excessive playing can further isolate them from friends and peers.
You may observe some of the psychological symptoms for those who addicted to interent
- Having a sense of well-being or euphoria while at the computer
- Inability to stop the activity
- Craving more and more time at the computer
- Neglecting family and friends
- Feeling empty, depressed and irritable when not at the computer
- Lying to family and friends about activities
- Problems with school or work
If you want to try an internet addiction test, please go to
TIPS FOR PARENTS:
If your children are spending too much time on the Internet, you need to establish a healthy balance between Internet use and other activities.
- Look for symptoms of Internet dependency. Ask yourself if your child’s Internet use is affecting his or her school performance, health, and relationships with family and friends.
- If your child is demonstrating strong signs of Internet addiction, consider seeking professional counseling.
- Examine your own online habits. Do you have trouble controlling your Internet use? Remember, you are your child’s most important role model.
- Don’t ban the Internet – it is an important part of most children social lives. Instead, establish rules about where your kids can go online and what they can do there – and stick to them.
- Keep your computer in a public area of your house, not in a child’s bedroom.
- Encourage and support your child’s participation in other activities – particularly physical pastimes with other children.
- If your child is shy or socially awkward with peers, consider a social skills class. Encourage activities that will bring your child together with others who have similar interests, such as computer classes or hobby groups.
- Investigate software that monitors and restricts Internet use. Although these tools are helpful, keep in mind they can be easily disabled by a savvy computer user. Your ultimate goal should be helping your kids to develop self-control, discipline, and accountability with the Internet.
- If your child seems interested only in playing online video games, try a tie-in to one of their favorite games. For example, if your child prefers fantasy role-playing, encourage her or him to read fantasy books.
Write down your addiction score in comment box below. To know your test score visit links above in internet addiction test section.
If you like this article share it as much as you can and help someone to save his/her life. spread awareness. Just don’t only share jokes and rumors on WhatsApp and on social media share, such kind information also to spread awareness.
Do not forget to rate this post.
Be Safe. keep smiling. Stay motivated. Stay Positive.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?